ICIRR Joins Thousands To Stand With DACAmented Americans and The Protection For All MovementSeptember 7, 2017
On Wednesday, ICIRR joined thousands of protestors on the streets of Chicago to rally against President Donald Trump’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and leave Congress to legislate a replacement by March 5. We stand in support of our DACAmented and undocumented neighbors and loved ones and the Protection For All Movement, led by those directly affected by the Administration’s cruel decision. We believe that every person deserves to live with respect and dignity. Immigrants are the current targets of injustice in a long string of injustices committed against targeted communities. We see, hear, and support our undocumented loved ones. We must stand together and call for Protection For All!
See below for more media coverage of Wednesday’s rally!
- ABC7: DACA program fallout: Emanuel asks Rauner for 'dreamers bill of rights' in Ill.
- Associated Press: Hundreds March In Chicago To Protest Trump DACA Decision
- Chicago Patch: WATCH AGAIN: Hundreds In Chicago Protest DACA Repeeal (VIDEO)
- Chicago Sun-Times: Immigration activists march downtown to protest DACA termination
- Chicago Tribune: Chicago DACA recipients spurred to action after Trump ends program
- Chicago Tribune: Hundreds march in Loop to protest Trump's decision to end DACA
- Chicagoist: Thousands Protested The Trump Administration's DACA Decision In The Loop
- dnaInfo: We're 'Under Attack': Chicago 'Dreamers' Protest Trump's Plan To End DACA
- NBC5: Thousands Protest in Chicago After Trump Ends DACA
- Noticiero Bilingue Lawndale News: Thousands March to Protest Elimination of DACA